|Address||2001 Lee Ave Bismarck, ND 58504|
|Phone and fax||Phone:(701) 222-3440 Fax: (701) 222-3599|
|Visiting Hours||Sat/Sun 1pm to 4pm|
|Number of beds||162: 6 female and 156 male|
Bismarck Transition Center is a professional team of individuals who promote public safety, preserve the rights of victims, fulfill the mandates of the criminal justice system, and address the individual needs of adults.
- Correctional programming and treatment staff have established the following objectives to enable BTC to best achieve program goals:
- Provide residents with a primary counselor responsible for development and constant assessment of an individualized treatment and correctional programming plan;
- Provide designated residents with at least 8 hours of group therapy weekly;
- Provide residents with a t least 1 hour of individual counseling weekly;
- Provide residents with continuing cognitive restructuring classes to supplement those they participated in while incarcerated at North Dakota State Prison (NDSP);
- Provide access to self support groups meetings weekly:
- Provide a balance of other programming-anger management, parenting, women-specific programming, native American and culturally-sensitive groups-so as to best meet the unique needs of each resident;
- Provide residents the opportunity to practice their spirituality and religion of choice;
- Provide aftercare services to those residents designated as needing low intensive services;
- Provide residents with at least 2 hours of recreation per day;
- Provide opportunities for family involvement in treatment and correctional programming that includes weekly visitation; and
- Provide opportunities for full-time employment and referrals.
Program staff reviews the effectiveness of correctional programming and treatment services through a process of continual quality assurance and total quality management. Feedback is gathered from residents, Administration and Program Staff.